Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You're in Good Hands

Like well-behaved party guests and unlike missionaries and GW Bush, we know not to overstay our welcome.

We sleep sound with the knowledge that you're now in very, very good hands:

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama danc... (Alex Brandon / AP)
President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama appe... (Charles Dharapak / AP)

While we might be leaving right when the party is getting good, we'd rather be blown across the Altantic to the land of Gauls by the winds of change, rather than run away in fear.

It feels good to be an ambassador. The French can say what they want about everything wrong with US, the bleak truth is that under present conditions they would never elect a black man as their President.

For the first time in my life, I am sincerely proud of where I come from and per usual, intend to push my ideals on my new neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment